[OS X TeX] OT: obsolete DVI file

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Aug 31 21:34:26 CEST 2007

Am 31.08.2007 um 17:37 schrieb Lawrence Paulson:

> I have a DVI file created in 1990 using LaTeX 2.09. I tried
> converting it to PDF, but it has missing fonts:
> mktexpk --mfmode ljfour --bdpi 600 --mag 1+0/600 --dpi 600 circlew10
>
> I thought this was merely the renaming of circlew10 to lcirclew10
> and defined the appropriate symlink, but this made no difference.

Install CM-Super, add the MAP file fragments if necessary, patch the
MAP file to contain also any "alias font names" if necessary. The
conversion then will use PostScript fonts.

To find out the fonts used in a DVI file:

	dvitype file.dvi | egrep '^Font' | awk '{print $3}' | awk -F-
'{print $1}' | sort -u

--
Greetings

   Pete

If all else fails read the instructions.
                                          - Donald Knuth