[OS X TeX] Re: Binary for detex (convert latex into plain text, see also l2a)

Markus S youcontrol at hispeed.ch
Fri Aug 31 16:34:27 CEST 2007

> The cmap package is intended to make the PDF files generated by
> pdflatex both searchable and copyable in acrobat reader and other
> compliant PDF viewers.

Thanks for the tip. However, at least Acrobat 8 is already able to
search (and copy from) a pdflatex generated pdf (using standard latex
fonts). It even is able to ignore the hyphenations. What it trips over
are the ligatures and other non-ASCII characters. I don't see a
difference using the cmap package.

detex handles ligatures correctly and simply strips all non-ASCII
characters (or in case of accents etc. simply strips them).