[OS X TeX] MacTeX update kills Lucida?

Vic Norton vic at norton.name
Thu Aug 30 22:29:43 CEST 2007

I have been using the complete TUG Lucida package with TeXShop for a
while now. Everything worked perfectly--until I installed the new
MacTeX-20070829.dmg package. Now I can't typeset the simplest Lucida
script:
    documentclass{article}
    \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
    \usepackage{textcomp}
    \usepackage{lucidabr}
    \begin{document}
    Here's some text. And here's some math:
    \[
    \phi(x)=\int_{-\infty}^{x} e^{-x^{2}/2}
    \]
    Euro and copyright symbols are available:
    \texteuro \textcopyright \textbullet.
    \end{document}

The TeXShop console shows that no Lucida fonts can be found:
    pdfTeX warning: /usr/texbin/pdflatex (file hlcrima):
    kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 0+570/600 --
dpi 570 hlcrv
    mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for hlcrv.
    Font hlcrima at 417 not found

    pdfTeX warning: /usr/texbin/pdflatex (file hlcrv):
    kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 0+570/600 --
dpi 570 hlcry
    mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for hlcry.
    Font hlcrv at 570 not found

My Lucida files are where they've always been in ~/Library/texmf/.
I've run
   $ sudo mktexlsr ~/Library/texmf
and
   $ sudo updmap-sys --enable Map lucida.map
in desperation, to no effect. The latter line just produces
    configuration (updmap.cfg) unchanged. Map files will not be
recreated.

Can anyone tell me what has happened and how I might fix it?

Thanks for your help.

Vic