[OS X TeX] new editor OcTeX.app

Roberto Avanzi roberto.avanzi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 17:08:37 CEST 2007

On 28 Aug 2007, at 16:57, <stephenmoye at cox.net> <stephenmoye at cox.net>
wrote:

> ---- William Adams <will.adams at frycomm.com> wrote:
>> Available here:
>>
>> http://www.octet.se/downloads.jsp
>>
>> Looks interesting, but has some strange bugs (I get two Help menus)
>>
> It does indeed look promising -- I like the split window with code
> on one side and typeset copy on the other. I can think of some
> people here at work who would respond very well to the Symbols
> window. I was also pleased to see that the program also knew about
> the MacTeX installation. But...

Yep. Promising concept. Not the one I would go for, I prefer clean
stuff, but I know people that are used to editors with thousands
of symbols and palettes under windows and find the TeX-on-OSX
situation lame.  I beg to differ (there are areas where we could
profit - more robust and quicker editing engines, but I am horrified
by those palettes).

> So far, it is extremely buggy.

to the point of being nearly unuseable. But I guess it will grow.

  cheers
   Roberto