[OS X TeX] Re: TeXShop 2.14

Markus S youcontrol at hispeed.ch
Tue Aug 21 00:25:04 CEST 2007

On 2007-08-20 22:54:40 +0200, "Michael S. Hanson"
<mshanson-KaPM4R2U43T2fBVCVOL8/

	The problem is with the LaunchServices database.  If you search  on
MacOSXHints.com, you'll find several discussions and suggestions of
how to resolve the problems you all have described.  Most of the
solutions posted there involve working in the Terminal to force one's
> Mac to rebuild that database;  there do exist GUI apps for system
> maintenance that should allow one to accomplish the same thing.

The funny thing is that the beginning of this problem is pretty much
correlated with a rebuild of the LaunchServices database (using
Cocktail). So I thought, I've just rebuilt that thing, there is no
point in repeating this.