[OS X TeX] latex2rtf bug?

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Fri Aug 3 16:36:18 CEST 2007

On Aug 3, 2007, at 07:09, Nathan Paxton wrote:

> 	Hi there,
>
> 	Does anyone have any idea how to fix this problem? "fullbook.tex:11
> Error! Nesting problem.  latex2rtf bug, if file TeXs properly"
> 	The file does seem to LaTeX properly...
>
> 	I've included the log file...

> Input Encoding <utf8> not supported

If you're using non-ascii, this one will bite you...

> fullbook.tex:11 Error! Nesting problem.  latex2rtf bug, if file TeXs
> properly

We'll need to see at least this much of fullbook.tex (11+ lines).  You
can try commenting out parts of your document to see where it fails.
You can use this construct to comment it out or rewrite it in a form
that latex2rtf understands (I've done it for equations that use
amsmath).

%latex2rtf: \begin{comment}
This will be compiled by \LaTeX, and ignored by latex2rtf.
%latex2rtf: \end{comment}

%latex2rtf This will be ignored by \LaTeX,
%latex2rtf and interpreted by latex2rtf.

--
Adam