[OS X TeX] Different versions of epstopdf in mactex re rest of the world?

Daniel Becker daniel.becker at uni-rostock.de
Sun Apr 29 22:55:00 CEST 2007

Peter, thanks a lot!

I have now a brandnew epstopdf on my mac. and could use it:

[ibook-daniel:~/Desktop/epstopdf] daniel% /Users/daniel/Desktop/
epstopdf/epstopdf test.eps
Converting test.eps to test.pdf .....  (177x101 mm) ... Done
[ibook-daniel:~/Desktop/epstopdf] daniel% /Users/daniel/Desktop/
epstopdf/epstopdf --gsopt=-dCompatibilityLevel=1.3 test.eps
Converting test.eps to test.pdf .....  (177x101 mm) ... Done
[ibook-daniel:~/Desktop/epstopdf] daniel%

for compilation, I had to replace "round(" with "roundv(" in the c-
version of epstopdf which is maintained by Jürgen Bausa who also was
very helpful. Once I have found out how to tell ghostscript (via
epstopdf) that i need grayscale and no colours, I will write a step
by step instruction for OS X users (how to get a better epstopdf and
how to use \usepackage{epstopdf} with it)

--- if someone is interested....

Thanks again,

Daniel