[OS X TeX] Papers or BibDesk?

Oliver Buerschaper oliver.buerschaper at mpq.mpg.de
Sun Apr 29 21:18:51 CEST 2007

I've been trying out Papers for a few weeks now and at present I can
only strongly discourage you from entrusting your papers to this
program.

Although I find its concept nice (and probably superior to BibDesk
for organizing your electornic papers) the database engine of Papers
resembles an early alpha maturity rather than the stability that you
would expect from an official release. At the moment it's extremely
shaggy and eats up your data on a regular basis.

On the other hand BibDesk is rather stable and for my purposes it
does a good job keeping all my references together. However, I miss a
few things like being able to group papers into subcategories of
first level groups. But still BibDesk has been my number one choice
for quite some time (and will probably remain so for a little while ;-)

Hope that'll help,
Oliver