[OS X TeX] Font tmmath install problems with new gwtex. Please help.

Gary Church gary.church1 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 26 19:19:46 CEST 2007

Hi, and thanks for replying!

I guess I picked up latex from many different sources without
realizing the problems inherent with doing this. Evidently I've
gotten it installed in three different trees from using i-Installer,
fink and MacPorts. Using i-Installer most recently, I'm now evidently
using the latex in gwTeX installed at /usr/local/gwTeX.

Any extra packages, including the misbehaving fonts, I've installed
under $HOME/Library/texmf

running "sudo texhash" and "sudo updmap-sys --enable Map tmm-dea.map"
gives me the output below:

gary-churchs-computer:~ gary$ sudo texhash
texhash: Updating /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf/ls-R...
texhash: Updating /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.gwtex/ls-R...
texhash: Updating /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.local/ls-R...
texhash: Updating /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.pkgs/ls-R...
texhash: Updating /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.texlive/ls-R...
texhash: Done.
gary-churchs-computer:~ gary$ sudo updmap-sys --enable Map tmm-dea.map
updmap: This is updmap, version 1167072206
updmap: using transcript file `/usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.local/web2c/
updmap.log'
updmap: initial config file is `/usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.local/web2c/
updmap.cfg'
updmap: configuration (updmap.cfg) unchanged. Map files will not be
recreated.

I'm not sure, but it appears there's a problem with updmap since the
last line indicates updmap.cfg is unchanged and that map files will
not be recreated. Is this a problem?

Thanks for your consideration of my plight :)
Gary.