[OS X TeX] OT: looking for a public-domain EPS file editor

Axel E. Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Wed Apr 25 12:35:30 CEST 2007

On  25 Apr, 2007, at 04:28 , Bruno Voisin wrote:

> The short story
> ===============
>
> Is anybody aware of a public-domain EPS file editor, offering
> similar functionality to Adobe Illustrator and running on Linux?
>
> The long story: why
> ===================
>
> Yesterday a student of my research lab asked about ways to crop an
> EPS file, removing unwanted white space around a figure (the
> streamlines of a flow) produced by Tecplot on Linux.
>
> I first thought about pdfcrop, part of MacTeX and gwTeX.
> Unfortunately, applied to the EPS file (after conversion to PDF) it
> produced no visible effect.

Image Magick's display. You can try it in your Mac: open X11, in its
Terminal open display; a `` Browse and Select File'' window appears;
open your EPS file and a new window appears with menus: choose
Transform -> Crop (there is a Help for this Crop). Crop the file,
open it with Preview and you'll see it's in fact cropped.

Best,

Axel