[OS X TeX] April 2007 TUG news: software, conferences (fwd)

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Apr 24 10:42:34 CEST 2007

Le 24 avr. 07 à 03:20, Wendy McKay a écrit :

> [...]
>
> Here is the announcement from the TUG news April 2007 from the
> president Karl Berry.
>
> [...]
>
>> - Finally, a non-TeX but interesting typographical topic: a
>>   feature-length documentary film on the typeface Helvetica has been
>>   released recently.  It's screening at many venues around the world,
>>   usually with the filmmaker and others in attendance.  Check it out!
>>   http://www.helveticafilm.com/

Nice! Hope the DVD comes out soon and isn't restricted by region
limitations.

BTW, is it customary for people in the English-speaking world to pay
so much attention to matters of typography? I always wondered that,
since seeing in the "copyright" page of English books, mentions like
"This book was typeset in Plantin 10pt". I never saw that in French
books.

Bruno Voisin