[OS X TeX] Updating TeX Live?

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 20:48:53 CEST 2007

On 4/22/07, Richard Koch <koch at math.uoregon.edu> wrote:
> Nicola,
>
> If you are installing with MacTeX, then TeX Live will be updated
> several times a
> year. See
>
>         www.tug.org/mactex/morepackages.html

There is a problem inherited from TeXLive: while in teTeX all links
from catalogue/entries/ were pointing to CTAN, in TeXLive they are
local and wrong because they are made under assumption that TeXLive
installation has exactly the same structure as CTAN (which is not
true). While there are methods to fix many of links, the distribution
containing correct links would be really nice.

Also, beamer is not the only package (or rather package bundle) being
updated lately: hyperref, oberdiek, textpos, enumitem got few updates
from Feb, and many more less widely used packages too. I would suggest
to compile mpm and install all packages you really care to keep
up-to-date using it. Finally one can always install manually.