[OS X TeX] xelatex bookmarks don't work in Preview.app

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Apr 21 10:46:13 CEST 2007

Am 21.04.2007 um 03:40 schrieb Joe Chan:

> While waiting for some suggestions, I went digging on my own. It
> appears that the problem is an interaction between xelatex and
> Cocoa PDFKit. I wrote a short sample and ran it through xelatex and
> pdflatex. The bookmarks from the latter consistently work, but not
> the latter.

One reason can be that the hyperref package does not support XeTeX's
default output driver on Mac OS X, xdv2pdf. Instead you would need to
process the XDV output with xdvipdfmx:

	xelatex -output-driver=xdvipdfmx

There is also a Perl script, xdv2pdf_mergemarks, for example in /usr/
local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/scripts/xetex/perl/xdv2pdf_mergemarks.
It's used from inside xdv2pdf.

--
Greetings

   Pete

"What do you think of Western Civilisation?"
"I think it would be a good idea!"
                          -- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi