[OS X TeX] Hoefler and Swashes question

Joe Chan firstian at rcn.com
Sat Apr 21 04:21:14 CEST 2007

> The original poster's instructions do work with XeLaTeX, that's the
> way things have to be done when fontspec isn't used.
>
> For example, here's what I'd been using before I thought fontspec
> stable enough to start experimenting with it:

[snip]

> \renewcommand{\encodingdefault}{U}
> \renewcommand{\rmdefault}{hoeftxt}

Ahh, so these are the two commands that I'm missing. If I add them to
the preamble of my sample doc, it works. Can anyone point me to any
docs/articles about dealing with fonts? I'm been reading the fontspec
doc, and it feels like I'm missing a whole chunk of LaTeX knowledge
to make sense of it.

Thanks,