[OS X TeX] utf8 problem and one TeXShop bug

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Apr 20 10:54:35 CEST 2007

Am 20.04.2007 um 03:07 schrieb Chabot Denis:

> I already cleaned Word's "curly quotes" (or apostrophes) to get
> TeX's nice looking apostrophes and quotes. Now I'll have to watch
> for non-breaking spaces also. And double quotes: I just realised
> that the true "double quote" symbol gives me straight double quotes
> in TeX, and that I need two apostrophes to get curly double quotes.

Are you really sure you need to do so? In UTF-8 LaTeX accepts:

‘LEFT and RIGHT SINGLE QUOTATION MARK (2018/2019)’

‚SINGLE LOW-9 and no HIGH-REVERSED-9 QUOTATION MARK (201A/201B)%‛

“LEFT and RIGHT DOUBLE QUOTATION MARK (201C/201D)”

„DOUBLE LOW-9 and no HIGH-REVERSED-9 QUOTATION MARK (201E/201F)%‟

--
Greetings

   Pete

"If you don't find it in the index, look very carefully through the
entire
  catalogue."          –  Sears, Roebuck, and Co., Consumer's Guide,
1897