[OS X TeX] TeXShop and Lilypond

M A markoilcan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 20:57:19 CEST 2007

On 4/17/07, Michael Millett <mjmm60 at excite.com> wrote:
> I have done the following:
>
> Changed the first line in the Lilypond-Latex.engine from #!/bin/tcsh to
> #/bin/tcsh -f
>
> and Run the following in the Terminal:
>
> perl -pi -e 'tr/\015/\012/' Lilypond-LaTex.engine
>
> This indeed change the icon and the "Open with (default)" to the same as the other engines in the folder.
>
> I trashed all the Aux files.
>
> Restarted the computer.
>
> The error message is now:
>
> 2007-04-17 13:04:02.987 TeXShop[454] *** NSTask: Task create for path /Users/michaelm/Library/TeXShop/Engines/Lilypond-LaTex.engine failed: 8, "Exec format error".
>
> I'm afraid I'm at the point where I have no more time, and am going to have to give up, pending a miracle cure. I will attempt to import the graphics into "Word" and complete the project that way, for lack of a better solution at the moment.
>
> Once again, thank you to all who have helped.
>
> Michael
>
> My current source file is:
>

> %%!TEX TS-program =Lilypond-LaTeX
>
> \documentclass [12pt] {report}
>
> \usepackage {times}
> \usepackage [dvips] {graphicx}
>

> \begin {document}
>
> \begin {flushright}
> Michael J Millett
> \end {flushright}
>
> \begin {center}
>
> Brahms: Intermezzo In A Major\\
> \emph {Op. 118, No. 2}
> \end {center}
>
> \begin {lilypond}
>
> { c'4 d' e' f' g'2 g'}
>
> \end{lilypond}
>

> \end {document}

The easiest immediate cure is to give up on texshop (for now) and just
type the following in the Terminal (after changing into the directory
that has your .lytex file, say filename.lytex) WAIT! Also change
\usepackage[dvips]{graphicx} to \usepackage{graphicx}. Now you can
type the following:

PATH=$PATH:/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin
lilypond-book --pdf filename.lytex
/usr/texbin/pdflatex filename.tex

Note that the command that starts with "PATH" and ends with
"filename.lytex" should all be typed on a single line, and that's two
dashes before "pdf". The above also assumes that you have installed
Mactex 2007 or a recent gwtex (as opposed to say tetex from fink). Of
course, change "filename.lytex" to whatever the name of your file.

Mark A