[OS X TeX] TeXShop and Lilypond

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Tue Apr 17 06:48:34 CEST 2007

At 11:26 PM -0500 4/16/07, Michael Millett wrote:
>Alan:
>
>I think I am on the right track with this. But it still is not
>working. I am getting this error:
>
>2007-04-16 23:00:45.407 TeXShop[327] *** NSTask: Task create for
>path /Users/michaelm/Library/TeXShop/Engines/Lilypond-LaTeX.engine
>failed: 2, "No such file or directory".
>
>I downloaded the file you gave;
>Saved as a text file;
>Put it in folder as listed above;
>Changed the name to the above;
>Ran the code in the Terminal, as you gave it (no error messages were
>returned);
>Ran LaTeX with Lilypond-LaTeX as the selected engine;
>
>But, for some reason, it isn't working.
>
>Perhaps, is it having trouble finding the Lilypond application?
>I say that because I originally had it inside a folder on my
>desktop. So I moved it to the Applications folder, as you indicated
>it should be.
>

>If this sounds like it might be the problem, would you kindly help
>show me how to set the path.
>
>Otherwise, are there any other possible solutions you can think of?

I can't reproduce your error by moving the Lilypond application (i.e.
if I move it, I get a different error) so I don't think that that's
the problem.  Perhaps you have some leftover .aux etc. files left
over from your previous attempt that are causing problems.

Assuming your file is called <brahms.tex>, do you have a folder
<brahms-out> as well?  This is where lilypond puts all the associated
snippets before creating your final output file.  Try deleting that
folder and trying to typeset again.

>By the way, I also tried:
>
>\begin (and end) {Lilypond-LaTeX}
>\begin {Lilypond}
>and
>\begin {lilypond}

This won't do it.  Your original source file was fine as it was.

Alan

--
Alan Munn
amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages   Fax.  +1-517-432-2736
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824       Tel.  +1-517-355-7491