[OS X TeX] TeXShop and Lilypond

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at psu.edu
Mon Apr 16 16:00:40 CEST 2007

On Apr 15, 2007, at 11:21 PM, Michael Millett wrote:

> I was hoping someone on this list has experience using Lilypond
> (music notation program) with TeXShop, and could help me.
>
> I need to make some handouts in TeXShop that incorporate Lilypond
> code, and pretty quickly. And I have not yet been able to get the
> two to work together, though I know that it is often done. I don't
> understand what I need to do. Would someone kindly tell me what is
> wrong with this TeXShop code.
>
> Thanks for your help.
> Michael

A quick-and-dirty approach would be to include the Lilypond output as
a pdf image in your latex. This means that you have to run Lilypond
first, crop the sections you want and use \includegraphics to put
them in latex. My suggestion is "quick" only in terms of how long it
might take you to figure out how to include Lilypond code in latex.
BTW, when you do find out, let us know how it is done. The Lilypond
manual looks as if it was typeset in latex but it doesn't say how.

Themis