[OS X TeX] problems with installing xpdf

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Apr 15 11:10:25 CEST 2007

Am 15.04.2007 um 10:37 schrieb Doris Wagner:

>  I don't know what this Motif-stuff is...

It's an ugly and rudimentary X toolkit (API), kind of an MS Windows
95 clone (look-alike) on UNIX. No human of taste would like to use
it, so it was developed as industry standard.

Apple's X11 does not have Motif (libXm), no X11 distribution has that
scrap. You would need to install OpenMotif, or lesstif, the free
implementation of OSF/Motif, but I have not checked whether it works
with that flavour.

Xpdf also needs libpaper and libt1 (t1lib, Type 1 library).

The extra software is supplied by Fink or MacPorts, the former
DarwinPorts.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

Das Militär ist eine Pflanze, die mensch sorgfältig pflegen muss,
damit sie keine Früchte trägt.
                                                  Jacques Tati