[OS X TeX] BBedit and LaTeX

Jason Davies ophiochos at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 15:54:49 CEST 2007

>I think in this case the applescript code assumes that TeXShop
>already has the document open, although it doesn't matter
>whether or not it is the front-most document. (If it isn't the
>front document, it is brought to the front after it is
>compiled.) Additional code would have to be added in order to
>tell TeXShop to open the document before it attempts to compile
>it. I don't have time at the moment to figure out how to do that.

try this

tell application "BBEdit"
     activate
     save active document of text window 1
     set texdatei to file of active document of text window 1
end tell

tell application "TeXShop"
     activate
     open texdatei

     latex document of window 1
end tell

as far as I can see, BBEdit's support for TeX is currently
mostly the syntax colouring but I've found them interested (but
not expert) in adding stuff for TeX. Eg they just implemented
folding for \paragraph and \subparagraph (as they had for
chapter etc) when I sent them a detailed report.