[OS X TeX] TL 2007

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Thu Apr 12 22:34:59 CEST 2007

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007, Alain Matthes wrote:

> Le 12 avr. 07 à 17:17, Bruno Voisin a écrit :
>
>> Le 12 avr. 07 à 12:11, Alain Matthes a écrit :
>>
>>> I would like to have the same distibution on  OS X and Ubuntu, The only
>>> solution is to install TL2007 on the MAC
>>> but i would to know if they are some difficulties :
>>>
>>> With linux i'v texmf in /$HOME and texlive in /usr/local/texlive with now
>>> 2007/ and texmf-local/
>>>
>>> is it possible to have the same thing on the mac? perhaps i lost
>>> I-installer and ???
>>
>> I don't quite understand your questions. If you install TeXLive-2007
>> through MacTeX <http://www.tug.org/mactex/>, and possibly update it using
>> <http://www.tug.org/mactex/morepackages.html>, then that's exactly what you
>> will get:
>>
>> - TexLive itself in /usr/local/texlive/2007/, and empty repository
>> /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/ for system-wide local additions.
>>
>> - Possibility to put user-specific local additions in ~/Library/texmf. Plus
>> an invisible directory ~/.texlive2007/ managed by TeXLive (for
>> auto-generated .pk and .tfm font files, etc.).
>
> Sorry i don't know because I always use I-installer :
> /usr/local/gwTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin7.9.0/
>
> With linux i've  /usr/local/texlive/2007/bin/.... and i think with the mac
> /usr/local/texlive/2007/bin/powerpc-darwin

Yes, that is right.

> and /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local.

Yes.

> If you say that with MacTeX I will get exactly the same paths , well why not
> ?

Perhaps, you could install it and have both distributions gwTeX and
MacTeX's TeXLive07, for comparisons, while trying to unify the paths of
gwTeX with TeXLive07 under Linux (and also in parallel, why not try
another LinuxTeX distr unified with MacTeX's TeXLive07: have I only had
any chance for your new Mac Pro Super-Powered Leopard...)

> ~/Library/texmf or ~/texmf is the same thing it's possible to set a variable

Without making something special, ~/Library/texmf wouldn't, i.e. doesn't
work under Linux. To me, it feels for the ideas of the data structure by
Gerben Wierda and Jerome Laurens. But Bruno perhaps would give better and
working advices.

Roussanka