[OS X TeX] Hyperrefs, footnotes, maketitle

Nathan Paxton napaxton at fas.harvard.edu
Wed Apr 11 17:05:24 CEST 2007

	Hi all,

	I'm trying to put my author info on a conference paper in a footnote
of the \author field, which seems to work quite nicely when it's just
text.  I'd like to include my e-mail address with a hyperref link
also, but this is causing me a problem in compiling the tex source.
Here's my code (I've modified the e-mail addresses to deal with
possible spam bots):
\author{Nathan A. Paxton\\
Harvard University, \footnote{Dept. of Government, Center for
Government and International Studies, 1737 Cambridge St., Cambridge,
MA 02138, \href{mailto:napaxton AT fas DOT harvard DOT edu}{napaxton
AT fas DOT harvard DOT edu}} }

Here's the error message:
./MPSA2007.tex:67: Missing control sequence inserted.
<inserted text>
                 \inaccessible
l.67

Please don't say `\def cs{...}', say `\def\cs{...}'.
I've inserted an inaccessible control sequence so that your
definition will be completed without mixing me up too badly.
You can recover graciously from this error, if you're
careful; see exercise 27.2 in The TeXbook.

And here's the output from the PDF: †
Dept. of Government, Center for Government and International Studies,
1737 Cambridge St., Cam-
bridge, MA 02138, p 32 0 0napaxton AT fas DOT harvard DOT edu (and
the e-mail address has a hyperlink)

I've tried a variety of variations and such and looked at some online
help, but I can't find anything that helps.  Any ideas?

	Thanks!

Best,
-N
----------
Nathan A. Paxton
Ph.D. Candidate
Dept. of Government, Harvard University

Resident Tutor
John Winthrop House, Harvard University

napaxton AT fas.harvard.edu
http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~napaxton
When you have to stay eight years away from California, you live in a
perpetual state of homesickness.
         - Ronald Reagan

The most courageous act is still to think for yourself.  Aloud.
         -Coco Chanel