[OS X TeX] Formatting the titles of lists

Michael Millett mjmm60 at excite.com
Wed Apr 11 04:09:42 CEST 2007

I would like to be able to produce itemized lists such that the title of
the list is aligned flush left and centered to the list. I have been
unable to learn how to do this from "LaTeX User Guide and Reference
Manual" or from the "LaTeX Companion." So I kindly request help.

This type of format is often seen in resumês or curriculum vitas. And I
was hoping to learn how to to it in TeXShop.

Interestingly, the "LaTex Companion" frequently uses this type of format
with paragraphs in the book. Pages 288 and 356 are but two examples.
But, unless I am missing something (which could well be), the how-to for
this is not provided.

Thank you ahead of time for any help you can provide.

Michael