[OS X TeX] Really basic i-installer question

Adam M. Goldstein amgoldstein at mac.com
Sun Apr 8 20:01:39 CEST 2007

On Apr 8, 2007, at 1:57 PM, Adam M. Goldstein wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I want to make sure that I have the most up-to-date copy of gwTeX,
> so I do the following:
>
> (1) Select "Gerben's directory @ TUG."
>
> (2) Select "gwTeX based on TeX Live" and open it.
>
> (3) Go to "Pkg properties".
>
> (4) If "remote package" and "self" differ, push the "update self
> from remote" button. This will just make the two the same, rather
> than download the entire package. I then follow the various
> prompts, making configuration choices as required.
>
> Is this correct?

<snip>

Further questions---

- Do I then run "configure" after the update has been performed?

- I see that there are three entries under "version" in the "package
properties": self, remote, and installed. I take it that "installed"
is the initially installed version; self is the current version,
taking into account various updates; and "remote" is the version
that's on the i-installer server.

Thanks again for any advice on this.

-Adam
--