[OS X TeX] Does MacTeX include the Bera fonts?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sun Apr 8 15:58:43 CEST 2007

  Le 8 avr. 07 à 15:46, Herbert Schulz a écrit :

> Would someone using the MacTeX (TeX Live 2007) distribution be so
> kind to run the command
>
> kpsewhich fver8a.pfb
>
> in Terminal and let me know if the font is found? Just wondering if
> the Bera fonts are part of TeX Live 2007.

Portable-de-Bruno:~ brunovoisin$ kpsewhich fver8a.pfb
/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/bera/fver8a.pfb

> I've been using Fourier/Utopia along with Bera Sans and Bera Mono
> and think the combination looks pretty good together.
>
> \usepackage{fourier}
> \usepackage[scaled=0.85]{berasans}
> \usepackage[scaled=0.85]{beramono}
>
> (the fourier package sets T1 font encoding and also reads on the
> textcomp package so there is no need to do that separately).
>
> Any other favorite combinations out there?

Apart from my never-ending preference for the Lucida fonts, favorites
of mine currently are, with XeTeX, the Verdana fonts and the
ChaparralPro fonts (part of Adobe Reader or Acrobat Pro, I'm not
sure). I'm using them through:

\usepackage[cm-default]{fontspec}
\usepackage{xunicode,xltxtra}
\defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text,Scale=MatchLowercase}

and then either of:

\setromanfont{Verdana}
\setromanfont{ChaparralPro-Regular}

But then also, more and more often, I just go back to the simplicity
of Computer Modern (or Latin Modern), to forget about all this font
stuff and concentrate instead on the matter I'm writing.

Bruno Voisin