[OS X TeX] Re: Is this geometry behavior correct?

Geoff Vallis gkv at Princeton.EDU
Fri Apr 6 02:16:58 CEST 2007

> This is not a big deal since the [dvips] option is easy to enter. I
> just thought geometry detected pdf/dvi mode automatically.

I think it is a feature, not a bug, that you have to enter the
[dvips] manually. If you use dvi mode when typesetting, the geometry
package cannot know that you will subsequently be using dvips. You
might use dvipdfm or dvipdfmx. I guess dvips is the most common
option, and could be the default. But in fact you can just leave
[dvips] in there all the time; when using pdflatex, this option will
be overwritten I believe.

Geoff