[OS X TeX] Is this geometry behavior correct?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Apr 6 01:07:55 CEST 2007

Am 06.04.2007 um 00:21 schrieb Herbert Schulz:

> It certainly seems strange that geometry, which I use quite
> extensively, hasn't been updated in quite a while (the date for the
> present v.3.2 is 2002/07/08) while the binaries have been changing
> around it.

Indeed! Something can have changed in the last five years. Herb, have
you tried the verbose option of geometry? It should add a block of
dimensions plus the name of the output driver to the LOG file. For me
the name is left blank ...

> I really wish the documentation made all of this clearer.

There is on interesting sentence: "If you use VTEX environment or
pdflatex command, this option is automatically deselected and changed
to the corresponding driver option." I checked if pdfTeX and dvips
among the options. Since I had verbose set, the driver reported was
pdftex! And this also explains the

	%%\ExecuteOptions{a4paper,dvips}

line in geometry.cfg!

So the moral is to use the block Maarten mailed (I am using it as
well since some years, without exactly knowing why), and edit
geometry.cfg at once!

--
Greetings

   Pete

There are three types of people in this world: those who can count,
and those who cannot.