[OS X TeX] Begining in Mac-TeX

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Apr 4 20:42:12 CEST 2007

On Apr 4, 2007, at 1:11 PM, Othon Branco wrote:

> I mean, in TeXShop's preferences there is some paths and others
> configurations to be edit. Should I do something there? [Sorry, I
> don't speak english very well -- but here doesn't exist a list about
> Latex in MacOS]

Howdy,

If you've installed the latest MacTeX and were using TeXShop before
you'll have to change the path setting for the TeX binaries. Go to
TeXShop->Preferences->Engines tab and set the (pdf)TeX Path setting
to /usr/local/texbin and that should allow TeXShop to find your
distribution from now on.

To change distribution you just pick the one you want active in the
TeX Distribution Preference Pane in System Preferences.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)