[OS X TeX] \ifpdf in TeX4ht?

Eitan Gurari gurari at cse.ohio-state.edu
Wed Apr 4 02:37:30 CEST 2007

With the provided test files I get (see attachment) clipped pictures
for html output under tex4ht both on ps and eps images.  The html
outcome is identical to that I'm getting when the compilation is for
postscript output under latex+dvips.  The visible portions of the
pictures are restricted to the portions that are embedded withing the
boundaries of the document pages.

Some viewers and processors of postscript pages might show also the
portions that overflow the page boundaries.  That is not the case for
ImageMagic/convert and so the html pages show only clipped pictures
for images that overflow page boundaries.

For png figures both tex4ht and latex+dvips produce broken outcome.

That is, the outcome provided under latex+dvips and tex4ht for ps and
eps pictures accurately reflect the request made within the source
file.  In the case of a pgn format, latex+dvips fails to produce code
acceptable by ghostscript and so ImageMagic/convert does not produce
an image for the html output mode of tex4ht.

 > When the picture is PS and I use \includegraphics*[height=80mm]
 > {Image}, then:

The different cases have nothing to do with tex4ht and
ImageMagic/convert.  The only relevant issues are

(1) Where the pictures are being placed in the formatted pages by the
    picture environment and the \includegraphics instructions
(2) Does dvips produce postscript files acceptable for ghostscript.

-eitan

ps:
   http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/temp/d.html
   http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/temp/d.ps

eps:
   http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/temp/d1.html
   http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/temp/d1.ps

png:
   http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/temp/d2.ps

Source:
   http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/temp/Image.ps
   http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/temp/Image.eps
   http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/temp/Image.png

   \documentclass[a4paper,11pt]{article}
       \usepackage[dvips]{graphicx}
       \usepackage[portrait,nohead]{geometry}
       \DeclareGraphicsExtensions{.ps,.eps,.gif,.png,.jpeg}
   \begin{document}
   \setlength{\unitlength}{1mm}
   \begin{picture}(70,70)
     \put(100,18){\includegraphics*[height=80mm,bb=0 0 328 406]{Image}}
   \end{picture}
   \end{document}