[OS X TeX] [TeXShop] console window should close automatically

Friedrich Vosberg fvosberg at mac.com
Tue Apr 3 12:47:49 CEST 2007

--
»Der Abend ist gerettet.« (Sven Ottke nach einem siegreichen Boxkampf)

Am 02.04.2007 um 15.29 schrieb Tobias Sebastian Kuhn:

> Am 02.04.2007 um 12:48 schrieb Friedrich Vosberg:
>

>> And how can I invoke AppleScript in a Shell-Skript?
>>

> With osascript:
> osascript -e "tell application \"TeXshop\" to close window 3"

Hmm, an executable engine that contains

   #!/bin/sh
   osascript -e "tell application \"TeXShop\" to close window 3"

does nothing. An single AppleScript containing

   tell application "TeXShop" to close window 3

closes *all* windows (tex, pdf, console) of the current file.

So I think, this isn't already the philosopher's stone.

I remember that in earlier versions of MacOS (IIRC MacOS 7) was
possible to press the record button in the AppleScript editor
application, then one could make some actions in an other application
and the editor has scanned these actions and brought them into the
script. Finally one could click at the stop button and the new
AppleScript were ready to run.

In TeXShop/MacOS X this workarround seems not to work, does it?

TIA and kind regards, Friedrich

--
»Der Kopf ist rund, damit das Denken die Richtung ändern kann.«
                                                             (Francis