[OS X TeX] scrolling

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Fri Sep 29 23:15:31 CEST 2006

On Sep 29, 2006, at 5:05 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> In TeXShop, the wheel of my mouse scrolls the source but not the
> pdf. Is it me? TeXShop? the mouse?

It scrolls both for me. Two things:

(1) To scroll the preview (i.e., the PDF), it needs to be the active
window (you probably knew this, but just in case...).

(2) The display format must be set to a multipage format to scroll
from page to page. See:

     Preview > Display Format

Though even in a single page format, if the magnification is large
enough (i.e., it only shows part of the page), the scroll wheel
should still work. Heck, on my Logitech mouse, the scroll wheel even
allows sideways scrolling and even this works in TeXShop's preview (I
don't have Logitech's software installed since I don't really like it).

I hope this helps.

Regards,
   Gary