[OS X TeX] autotrace warnings

Jan Hegewald hegewald at cab.bau.tu-bs.de
Thu Sep 28 10:25:11 CEST 2006

Hello,
this is not a pur TeX question, but since I installed autotrace via
the famous i-Installer, I guess others here might have the same issues.
When I use autotrace I get those messages:
Problem during opening /usr/local/lib/pstoedit/libp2edrvstd.
0.0.0.so:dlopen(/usr/local/lib/pstoedit/libp2edrvstd.0.0.0.so, 1): no
suitable image found.  Did find:
         /usr/local/lib/pstoedit/libp2edrvstd.0.0.0.so: mach-o, but
wrong architecture
Problem during opening of pstoedit driver plugin: /usr/local/lib/
pstoedit/libp2edrvstd.0.0.0.so. This is no problem as long the driver
in this library is not needed. Possibly you need to install further
libraries and/or extend the LD_LIBRARY_PATH (*nix) or PATH (Windows)
environment variables.
Problem during opening /usr/local/lib/pstoedit/libp2edrvstd.
0.so:dlopen(/usr/local/lib/pstoedit/libp2edrvstd.0.so, 1): no
suitable image found.  Did find:
         /usr/local/lib/pstoedit/libp2edrvstd.0.so: mach-o, but wrong
architecture
Problem during opening of pstoedit driver plugin: /usr/local/lib/
pstoedit/libp2edrvstd.0.so. This is no problem as long the driver in
this library is not needed. Possibly you need to install further
libraries and/or extend the LD_LIBRARY_PATH (*nix) or PATH (Windows)
environment variables.
Problem during opening /usr/local/lib/pstoedit/libp2edrvstd.so:dlopen
(/usr/local/lib/pstoedit/libp2edrvstd.so, 1): no suitable image
found.  Did find:
         /usr/local/lib/pstoedit/libp2edrvstd.so: mach-o, but wrong
architecture
Problem during opening of pstoedit driver plugin: /usr/local/lib/
pstoedit/libp2edrvstd.so. This is no problem as long the driver in
this library is not needed. Possibly you need to install further
libraries and/or extend the LD_LIBRARY_PATH (*nix) or PATH (Windows)
environment variables.

Even though autotrace seems to do it´s work, these messages are quite
annoying. It seems that the shared object file libp2edrvstd.0.0.0.so
is ppc only:
file /usr/local/lib/pstoedit/libp2edrvstd.0.0.0.so
/usr/local/lib/pstoedit/libp2edrvstd.0.0.0.so: Mach-O bundle ppc

Since the pstoedit i-Package is maintained by Gerben (right?), I
guess he has to make pstoedit universal. Gerben, is there anything I
can do to help?

Cheers,