[OS X TeX] encoding and special characters in TexShop and BibDesk

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Sep 25 00:14:39 CEST 2006

Am 24.09.2006 um 18:20 schrieb Gordon Sick:

> I write in English, but many important papers I cite have authors
> whose names have accents.

I have no recommendation for the bibliography, but in case you create
your documents with pdfTeX the LaTeX statement

	\usepackage{cmap}

helps to make the PDF output with accented characters searchable in
PDF viewers by mapping the well-known characters to the TeX constructs.

You probably know of

	\usepackage{textcomp}

to use accented characters from the same font the other text is set
with?

--
Greetings

   Pete