[OS X TeX] Re: Scientific Assistant?

Robert Ullrey robert_ullrey at mac.com
Sat Sep 23 17:00:54 CEST 2006

Wolfgang Keller wrote this pithy remark on 9/22/06

>    Hello,
>
>    is anyone here using Scientific Assistant?
>    Does it work with arbitrary LaTeX styles and packages?
>    Specifically Koma-Script and Beamer?
>    TIA,
>
>    Sincerely,
>    Wolfgang Keller

I used to use Scientific Assistant with Mac OS 10.3 but it did not work
with OS 10.4. The developers where going to fix the issue as well as
migrate to an open source database rather then Frontbase. However, I
think they have stopped development and there is no release available on
thier site [1]. Regards to answer your question, yes you could use KOMA
and Beamer scripts from within it, you just had to modify the templates
a bit.

Robert
[1]
<http://www.advanced-science.com/cgi-bin/Adaptor/none/www.advanced-