Editors: Advantages and disadvantages (Was: [OS X TeX] encoding and special characters in TexShop)

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Sun Sep 17 19:11:00 CEST 2006

I am familiar with BBEdit, TeXShop and iTeXMac (v. 1.xx). BBedit is
certainly the best editor of the three, but TS is more than
sufficient for my purposes, since I only use it for my tex documents.
Moreover, since I use Flashmode and synchronization, the interaction
editor/previewer is very important for me, and in this respect the
combination TS/TS is by far the best of all possible combinations
editor/previewer that I know of and that I had to test a lot.

It might be that my conclusions are only relevant for people using a
fast computer and a large monitor; however, in this case I am
challenging the wisdom of working with PowerBooks, unless of course
one is forced to.

Claus