[OS X TeX] New Mac

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 21:13:57 CEST 2006

On 9/15/06, George Gratzer <gratzer at ms.umanitoba.ca> wrote:
> I agree. The 30" monitor makes a big difference if you have to deal
> with a number of documents at the same time. Number of = 5 in my
> practice.

I was just sitting in front of 17" MacBookPro and working with a
single TeX document but with \pdfannot for which only Adobe Reader is
a completely adequate previewer. So I need .tex window, typeset window
(or terminal window if running from the command line) and PDF window.
Screen definitely was too small (and if I want to see PDF Reference
and to watch a movie while working  .... :-)

23" HD is also not completely adequate but I suspect that in few years
there will be similar complains about 30" HD Apple Cnema Display
either. In more distant future every TeX user should be equipped
either by binoculars to observe the screen or by a jetpack to fly over
it :-)