[OS X TeX]

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Sep 9 00:09:23 CEST 2006

Am 08.09.2006 um 22:03 schrieb Paul Fontana:

> I get a slightly nicer-looking version than if I do the whole thing
> (processing and rendering) in TeXShop.  The two .pdf's also look a
> little different in Preview, though less-so (the pdflatex document
> is lighter in weight), but I can't tell the difference between them
> when I print.  (It also makes a slight difference whether TeXShop
> is set to typeset in 'Pdftex' or in 'Tex and Ghostscript'.  Does
> this point to different distillers?)

Don't guess! Read the LOG files. They explain which fonts are used.

> My TeXShop settings are:
> Path settings:
> (pdf)TeX: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current

With this setting the TeX executables from i-Installer's teTeX will
be used.

> Distiller:  /usr/local/bin

This enables Apple's pstopdf to convert PS to PDF.

> pdfTeX:
> TeX program: pdftex --shell-escape
> LaTeX program: pdflatex --shell-escape

Why do you need --shell-escape? Do you feel so lonely without trojans?

> TeX + dvips + distiller:
> TeX program:  simpdftex tex --maxpfb
> LaTeX program:  simpdftex latex --maxpfb

These are simulations of pdfTeX. Usually pdfTeX is alright.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.