[OS X TeX] Make font larger

Paul Fontana fontanap at seattleu.edu
Fri Sep 8 22:35:23 CEST 2006

Now that my font is installed and working (see my recent thread), I
have another question:  I am using this new font to provide a character
for use primarily in math mode.  Unfortunately, Kaufmann's standard
size is a little too small compared with the other (standard math)
characters around it.  I can compensate using \large or \fontsize for
simple expressions, but then the Kaufmann symbol doesn't change size
dynamically like it should if I use it, e.g., in a fraction, so to get
it to look right I would have to set its size manually every place it
is used.  Is there a way I can make this font come out automatically at
a size of 1.2 x (whatever TeX was going to use), or something like
that?

Example:
\usepackage{bm}
\usepackage{amsmath}
$\widehat{ \text{\usefont{T1}{pku}{b}{n} {\large r}}-\bm{x}} =
\tfrac{\text{\usefont{T1}{pku}{b}{n}  {\normalsize r}
}-\bm{x}}{|\text{\usefont{T1}{pku}{m}{n}   r}-x|}$

Here, the {\large r} makes the r match the \bm{x}.  Then, in the
numerator, I have to use {\normalsize r}, and the r in the denominator
with no size adjustment gets shrunk by \tfrac and is too small.

Thanks,
-- pwf