[OS X TeX] MANPATH, MANPATH_MAP and i-Packages

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Sep 8 16:59:06 CEST 2006

Le 8 sept. 06 à 15:56, Gerben Wierda a écrit :

> On Sep 8, 2006, at 15:45, Chris Goedde wrote:
>
>> When I came up against this, I just moved everything from /usr/
>> local/man to /usr/local/share/man. Obviously, this is a fragile
>> solution, you have to repeat it if you install some more man pages
>> in /usr/local/man.
>
> Unless you make the symlink.
>
> Hmm, I wonder if I should follow that route.

Following an off-list suggestion by Gerben earlier today, I just
added the single line

MANPATH		/usr/local/man

at the end of /usr/share/misc/man.conf and voilà: "man tiff2ps" works
like a charm.

It seems that, with this addition, when no page is found in /usr/
local/share/man according to MANPATH_MAP, then man turns back to /usr/
local/man as defined by MANPATH.

Bruno Voisin