[OS X TeX] paper orientation in geometry

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Sep 5 11:02:56 CEST 2006

Am 05.09.2006 um 08:24 schrieb Friedrich Vosberg:

>>> I want to print a PDF file without changing the paper orientation
>>> in the page setup dialogue. I've thought that this would be
>>> possible by adding dvips to the options of geometry.
>>
>> In pdfTeX mode?!
>
> I did it because pdftex had no effect. BTW: My TeX installation
> runs pdfetex but not pdflatex. Is this a problem?

This would be a problem when you'd try to run pdfetex on a TeX
document with LaTeX contents. Between pdfTeX and pdfeTeX is no
difference in a standard teTeX configuration. (And even pdflatex is
the same: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex -
 > pdfetex.)

(I found recently that KOMA is faulty: although it does understand
for example [a5paper,landscape] it does not set the paper-dimens
accordingly. For to see this happen also one needs an extra or sole
\usepackage[a5paper,landscape]{geometry}!)

Yes: TeXShop does not work correctly! It has it's own idea of
portrait mode. A DIN A5 page in landscape mode can be shown in
landscape, but it gets printed rotated by 90° on a DIN A4 page,
somehow centred ... Apple's Preview does it right.

We should start to write bug reports to Richard Koch ...

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

Alle reden vom Wetter - die Bahn fährt nicht.