[OS X TeX] Re: Plea/Request: Bibtex with increased BUF_SIZE

Lee Samuel Finn LSFinn at psu.edu
Sat Sep 2 23:54:24 CEST 2006

Hi,

The bibtex BUF_SIZE constant, set at compile time, controls the
maximum size of strings. Unfortunately, in all the assorted
distributions I've been able to find, that size is set too low for
some of my bibtex entries. (Unfortunately I can't make the entries
shorter: they are required that way by the funding agency --- NSF ---
I'm writing a proposal to.) My plea/request: a bibtex that has a
significantly larger BUF_SIZE --- say, at least 20000 (yes - twenty
thousand) and other increased parameter sizes as necessary for this
to work.

It would be wonderful if the assorted tex distributions --- e.g.,
gwTeX, TeXLive --- were to distribute their compiled versions with a
larger BUF_SIZE.

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Sam

--
Lee Samuel Finn                                    Phone: +01 814
863-9598