[OS X TeX] Can't Print Some Maths?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Oct 30 23:53:00 CET 2006

Am 30.10.2006 um 22:38 schrieb Herbert Schulz:

> When I compile the following code the pdf file looks fine (the wide
> symbols show just fine) in TeXShop, Preview and even Adobe Reader.
> When I print it, whether on my Canon i850 (ink jet) or Brother
> HL-5250DN (monochrome laser) printers the symbols don't print. Do
> others see this too?

No, my EPSON makes no mistakes – as long as I use the right setup.

Herb, you should check that the PPD file is used in the printer
setup, and, since there are kind of "variants," it's the file with PS
or PS3 in the name. Only then PS or PDF code is transferred to the
printer. In other cases PCL or ESP/2 or such prehistoric code is
transferred.

Have you rebooted your printer before you asked?

--
Greetings

   Pete
                       ~  o