[OS X TeX] i-Installer 2.85 released, MusixTeX in *EXPERIMENTAL*

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Mon Oct 30 00:21:58 CET 2006

i-Installer 2.85 has been released.

2006/10/29
• Version 2.85.
• Buglet fix: Do not display archive chunks in Pkg Contents tab. An
earlier fix here to enable the display of compressed tar archives
other than those of the i-Package chunks (which are displayed
together as "Archive") was too liberal.
• Added code to handle multiple default install locations. Not
documented in Help yet.
• Changed code that might or might not lead to a crash (autoreleased
item changed to retained / released as possibly the event loop
interferes)
• Added check for missing or empty PATH in environment
• Added check if i-Installer itself was changed by a succesful install.

I still need to look into some reports that suffer from the fact that
basic files are not found during configuration. These extra checks
may help.

The MusixTeX i-Package has been updated. It contains info on both old
and new TeX locations which are useful for i-Installer 2.85 and
ignored in earlier versions.

If you have both the TeX and the TeX Live i-Package installed in
default locations, it will offer you a choice where it will install
itself. If you have installed the TeX Live i-Package and removed the
old /usr/local/teTeX install, it will offer to change the install
location from /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local to /usr/local/
TeXLive/texmf.pkgs

It is my intention to change all TeX Support i-Packages (CM-Super, CB-
Greek, ConTeXt-Updater) likewise.

Note: given my deadline (I fly to Marrakech for TUG2006 next
Saturday, I have only 2 days or so left to finish this, so testing
and reports remain welcome).