[OS X TeX] LaTeX programming primer

Paul Vickers paul.vickers at unn.ac.uk
Thu Oct 26 10:39:28 CEST 2006

I was messing around with the currvita style in order to migrate my CV
from Word to LaTeX and inevitably got into trying to hack some of the
layout features. Whilst the hack-it-and-see-what-happens approach can be
fun, it can also consume rather more time than one should spend on
getting, for example, the first letter of a paragraph just that right
shade of blue. So, my question is this: are there any free
online/downloadble guides to TeX programming where I can learn exactly
what all those \@@ and ##1 etc aracana really mean and how to use them?

Cheers

Paul
--
____________________________________
Dr P. Vickers BSc PhD CEng MIEE ILTM

School of Computing, Engineering, & Information Sciences
Northumbria University
Pandon Building, Camden Street
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
NE2 1XE

Tel +44 (0)191 243-7614
Fax +44 (0)870 133-9127
e-mail: paul.vickers at northumbria.ac.uk
web: www.paulvickers.com/northumbria

Northumbria University.

====

This e-mail is intended solely for the addressee. It may contain private
and confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee,
please take no action based on it nor show a copy to anyone. Please
that all electronic mail from, to, or within Northumbria University may
be the subject of a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000
and related legislation, and therefore may be required to be disclosed
to third parties.

This e-mail and attachments have been scanned for viruses prior to
leaving Northumbria University. Northumbria University will not be
liable for any losses as a result of any viruses being passed on.