[OS X TeX] Displaying a LaTeX beamer presentation

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 26 00:53:54 CEST 2006

On 26-okt-2006, at 0:35, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> GIven that Preview.app has its limitations, what do people use to
> display beamer-type presentations? Acrobat? I have heard that
> Acrobat installation is rather imperialistic, in that it installs
> and setups all kind of things to use Acrobat which is then hard to
> get rid of. But I do not recall the specifics.

It will install a plugin & framework into Safari (right into the
application), but I think they improved their attitude, and are
behaving themselves now (but wait for confirmation). If you never run
the reader as an admin user, you can prevent a lot of trouble, but be
sure to disable the pdf plugin.

There is my presenter tool, but I don't use it myself (now _that's_
an endorsement!). Hyperlinks will not work.

Doesn't "Slideshow" in Preview help you?

Maarten