[OS X TeX] R, paradigm to bring into the LaTeX world?

Adam Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Mon Oct 23 22:45:05 CEST 2006

On Monday, October 23, 2006, at 01:06PM, Morten Høgholm <morten.hoegholm at gmail.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 18:40:24 +0200, Adam Maxwell <amaxwell at mac.com> wrote:
>

>> Other issues:
>> - can the location of mpm's package database be configured for
>> ~/Library/Application Support?
>
>It'll install into whatever was specified at ./configure time. Default is
>TEXMFLOCAL. According to the --help information, one should be able to use
>a --install-root=DIR instruction but that doesn't work yet.

So that means that installing to HOMETEXMF would not be supported?  Another option would be to just install with cabextract as I do now, and track the installed files via the .tpm XML files that are then created.  Tracking dates would be the only tricky part there.

>> - need authenticated installs
>> - what preferences does mpm need?
>
>Curl for compiling that's all (if that's what you meant).

I meant preferences in Mac OS X terms (checkboxes, paths, etc.) to be set in a panel.  Install location, mirror to use...  I haven't played with mpm for a while, obviously.

Adam