[OS X TeX] R, paradigm to bring into the LaTeX world?

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Mon Oct 23 22:35:09 CEST 2006

Claus Gerhardt wrote:
[]
> command, I probably would have, so that with a simple mouse click he
> could have opened the documentation and a search for \atop would have
> given him the information in five seconds. Even, if he didn't remember
> that \atop is part of amsmath googling would have provided this
> information in another five seconds; that's why I called his request
> unnecessary.

Just a small remark: Five seconds in this example was too short, it did
not allow you to read what you found.

\atop is *not* an amsmath command. It is mentioned in the amsmath
documentation, but only because its use generates a warning. It is a TeX
primitive, deprecated in LaTeX, but still working. Its syntax is defined
and explained in the TeXbook, and on the web it is reachable from inside
a tetex distribution via the file texmf-dist/doc/latex/tex-refs/tex.html
which has a link to http://www.tug.org/utilities/plain/cseq.html , a
complete list of TeX commands. For \atop, this gives detailed
explanations on the page
http://www.tug.org/utilities/plain/cseq.html#atop-rp

If you want to bookmark something, I would recommend the page
<http://www.tug.org/tetex/tetex-texmfdist/doc/latex/tex-refs/index.html>
or the corresponding file on your harddisk if it comes with your tetex
distribution.

--
Martin