[OS X TeX] Is there a Latex package for creating html slidy presentations?

Eitan Gurari gurari at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri Oct 20 08:36:35 CEST 2006

Victor Ivrii writes:
 > On 10/19/06, Eitan Gurari <gurari at cse.ohio-state.edu> wrote:
 > >

 > >  > It almost perfectly works with jsMath  (I added
 > >  >  <SCRIPT>
 > >  >       jsMath.Setup.Script("plugins/tex2math.js");
 > >  >       jsMath.Synchronize();
 > >  >     </SCRIPT>
 > >
 > > What for?
 >
 > This is documented in jsMath: with some servers it can help.

If I understand it correctly, according to

    http://www.math.union.edu/~dpvc/jsMath/authors/tex2math.html

the pluging is provided so that jsMath will ``look through all the
text blocks in your file looking for $...$, $$...$$, \(...\) or
\[...\] and replacing them by the appropriate SPAN or DIV.''  Such
conversions are undesirable in the case of tex4ht, as it takes on
itself to recognize the math delimiters and might introduce dollar
characters $ with other interpretations into the html text.

The reference

    http://www.math.union.edu/~dpvc/jsMath/authors/synchronizing.html

makes me wonder what the purpose of the function when the plugin is
not present, as tex4ht invokes just jsMath.Process() which takes on
itself the responsibility to automatically invoke the synchronization
function.

 > Even the
 > exact copy of the file perfectly working on jsMath server, displayed a
 > raw tex-looking code (not the actual html source but ... tekish one)
 > on www.math.toronto.edu with or without tex-fonts installed

What is the exact pointer.  An earlier posting provided the address

   http://www.math.toronto.edu/ivrii/Experimental

and the loaded file doesn't employ jsmath.

 > > Miniature complete sample source files, each demonstrating a problem in
 > > isolation?
 >
 > I will try to produce some it during next few weeks. {aligned} is one of them
 >

 > Again during next couple of weeks. What is the best way to submit them?

Thanks! Just plain text-based emails.

-eitan