[OS X TeX] A question from a new member

Matthias Damm macplanet at macnews.de
Mon Oct 16 14:44:20 CEST 2006

Am 16.10.2006 um 14:25 schrieb Frederic Andres:

> Is there an editor that would allow me to do all that? My first
> tries with texmaker or iTexmac were unsuccessful...

You should try TextMate -- it is (at least IMHO) the most evolved,
but still quite Mac-like editor for MacOS X.
<http://macromates.com/>, it's a 50$ shareware (and definitely worth
every single penny ...).

It should cover most of your needs, and its real power is that it can
be adapted quite easily.
There is a very responsive users' list, good LaTeX-specific feature
requests are usually integrated quickly.

For the spell checking there is CocoAspell <http://
cocoaspell.leuski.net/>, which brings LaTeX-compatible spell checking
to every Mac app that uses the system-wide spellchecker.

Welcome on board,
best regards,
Matthias

--
Matthias Damm
mad at macpla.net
PGP key: http://macpla.net/MatthiasDamm.asc
PGP fingerprint: CED3 6074 7F7D 3148 C6F3  DFF2 05FF 3A0B 0D12 4D41