[OS X TeX] MacTeX and LaTeX package documentation

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Sun Oct 15 14:13:33 CEST 2006

On 15.10.2006, at 14:00, André Bellaïche wrote:

> Le 15 oct. 06 à 12:59, Franck Pastor a écrit :
>

>> Le 15-oct.-06 à 12:20, André Bellaïche a écrit :
>>

>>> P.S. Before clicking on them, now I know this is possible, I can
>>> guess the meaning of 3 icons, on the 8 displayed on the Texdoc/
>>> CTAN page. Maybe 5, if icons number 3 and 4 both mean package.
>>>

>> Note that if you let the cursor of your mouse lay upon the icon
>> during several seconds, a small windows pops up with a small
>> explanation inside.
>
> So, this is the way you can tell the difference between the two
> "package" icons. How did you find it out? By chance? Most of the
> time, when I am looking for the name of some macro which would do
> this and this, I'm in a hurry.

Is this layout is too hard to understand, CTAN has now a slightly
different version of their catalogue entries online which featzre
additional text, see for example: http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/
help/Catalogue/entries/babel.html

simon

--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

"In a world getting more and more democratic, film directing is the last
resort for dictators." Francis Ford Coppola